Barb of the Gallimaufry nominated me for the Liebster Award soon after the AtoZ Challenge. As always, I’m a very slow replier, but see Barb? I’m here at last. Receiving an award from a fellow blogger is always a special occasion and it will never be lost on me.
And isn’t it lovely to display such nice badge?
See Barb’s LIebster Award here.
So these are the 11 questions Barb asked of me:
1. If you could go back in time and change ONE thing, what would it be?
My mum would have never gotten cancer, and she would still be alive.
2. What country would you most like to visit and why?
My favourite country to visit is Ireland. I go as often as I can, because I feel at home. I like being there.
But I’ve been wanting to visit Iceland for a long time. It’s such a beautiful, wild country and so different from the Mediterranean environment surrounding me. I’ve always had a fascination for the northern countries, I don’t know why.
3. Name your three favorite songs/music videos.
Well, if I have to choose a favourite song, that’ll be Billie Jean by Michael Jackson. I remember watching him on tv when I was 10, I was already fascinated with him, though I wouldn’t be able to say whether I liked his music, his dancing or him more. Billie Jean is still one of my favourite songs.
Smooth Criminal – again by Michael Jackson – is at the top of my favourite music videos. It may ossibly be my very best favourite. I like songs that tell a story. I like videos that tell a story. I like the interwar years. I like dancing. Smooth Criminal has everything at a very high quality.
Cogli la prima mela by Angelo Branduardi is also one of my favoruite songs. The concert version is very different from the one that made him famouse in the 1980s, but I adore it.
4. If you were part of a circus, what would you be and why?
The wild cats trainer. I love the big felines, and I think they aren’t so dangerous if you know how to treat them. It would be wonderful working with them.
5. Your friend has used two of three wishes and offers you the last one. What would it be?
That a cure for cancer would be found.
6. Given the opportunity, what would you change about your appearance?
I really don’t like my big calves…
7. Could you live in a cabin on a lake for 30 days without any electronic technology or the internet?
Absolutely yes. That’d be paradise.
8. You’re spending the weekend on a yacht and can only bring 4 things. What would they be?
Now this will seem to clash with what I’ve answered above, but I’d bring my laptop, the latest book I’m reading, pen and paper… it’s already four, isn’t it?
9. Do you prefer living in a house, condo or apartment? Why?
In a house. I actually lived in a condo in Dublin and I hardly knew there were people on the same landing, but living in my own house (which is what I do) gives me a sense of independence.
10. What is your favorite season? Why?
I love Spring, because I love watching nature going back to life after the sleepy winter months. But Autumn is the season I’m most productive, I don’t feel as sleepy as in Spring. So I’m quite hard pressed to chose between the two.
11. What is your favorite fair or amusement park ride/attraction?
I’m not a big amusement park goers, I don’t like being in crowds. But I’ve always liked the bumper cars.
- Once you are nominated, make a post that thanks the person who nominated you and links back to their article.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in your post.
- Nominate 5 to 10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions asked to you by the person who nominated you.
- Make 11 questions of your own for your nominees.
- Lastly, copy these rules in the post.
- All of the nominees are free to accept or reject the nomination.
So, now I should nominate a few fellow bloggers for this award. I’ve already done two Liebster nominations, so this time I’d like to do something different. Since Barb had a historical theme for the AtoZ (Classic Hollywood, you should definitely check it out. This is the first entry), this time I’d like to nominate bloggers who maintain a historical blog or often address history on their blogs
And here are my 11 questions for you:
- Have you always been into history, or is it a recent passion?
- What is it that has drawn you to history?
- What is your favourite historical era and why?
- Is there an historical person that you particularly admire? Why?
- Maintaining a historical blog is its own peculiar job. Sharing historical facts requires knowledge and research. What is your payback?
- What kind of historical articles do you like to write best? Why?
- Blogging is becoming more and more a visual activity. How do you address this on your historical articles?
- How do you think our past may help us address our future?
- Back in school, I already loved history, but I could never remember a date. To me, it was more of a fascinating storytelling. How was it for you?
- Social history is my favorite section of history. What is yours and why?
- Try to tell a child into loving history. What would you tell them?